Friday 27 July 2012

Day 1 - OOOOOHHHH Fireworks!

Dateline July 27th, 20.03 

Or not too long until the opening ceremony kicks off and we all get to find out who will be lighting the flame.


It's been a fun old time off the field since I posted, we've had world class diplomacy from a prospective US president and astonishing fuck ups on the flags front during the opening football matches. If only there was a clever joke that could be made about someone needing to look for a new vocation. 


Hmmm.


There's been endless messes regarding ticketing, transport security and the use of trademarks. A field day for a cynic like me; too easy in fact to go into here.


Now is instead the time to enjoy Frankie Danny Boyle's extravaganza and get ready for tomorrow when we finally have something to measure for this experiment with the start of the swimming.


In about 24 hours we'll have our first numbers up and be on our way.

A quick reminder of the ground rules:

Human power only.

No bikes, horses or boats, no projectiles or ball games. If you run or swim or jump or throw something then we count it and add it all up.


If you don't finish you don't count. 

If you pull up 20 miles into the marathon then you'll have to live with me knowing you're a far finer specimen of human endurance than I will ever be. I won't be counting you though. This is more to do with my wish for discrete measurements than any disrespect for your achievement.


I'll be updating here at about this time every evening as we go on, please feel free to follow me @Le_Paien_Roux and enjoy tonight's show. I'm off to the pub.



No comments:

Post a Comment