Saturday 11 August 2012

Day 16 - Some questions answered.

August 11th


Today's first hero


Looks like #GoMo will be trending worldwide tonight and it deserves to. That's all I have to say on that score.

Today's other hero


Today also had the Men's 50km race walk. It was won by Sergey Kirdyapkin which is cool and all that but the real kudos must go to the Silver medal winner Jared Tallent. His completion of 50,000m pushed us through the 10 million metre mark for these games.

Bravo Jared

Some questions


I've been asked a few questions since I started this so I thought tonight was a good chance to answer some of them before tomorrow's number-fest.

Why are you doing this?

Because as I mentioned in my first post I had a bit too much to drink with a friend. It's been established since then that I asked the fateful question "How far do you think they cover at the Olympics?" and he answered "You should totally work that out and blog about it."

(Yes I'm paraphrasing, we we're drunk).

Beyond that no reason really, just curiosity. It's an answer I wanted to know to a question I had asked. I thought others may also hence I may as well share it with them.

Are you OCD?

No, not as far as I know. I am Ginger though.

Will you be doing the Paralympics?

Maybe. I need to look at the events schedule and see if it's manageable. If it is then sure, why not?

Seriously though, why are you doing this?

Seriously, just curious about it and from there comes well, why not?

You mention not counting projectiles but surely Javelins and Shot-puts and Discusssessss (sp?) and Hammers are projectiles?

Yes they are. What happened there was I made a bad choice of word to try and differentiate between stuff propelled purely by human effort and the other missiles that have a machine to help out in moving them like arrows and bullets. Good point; too late to change it now though.

So you're Ginger and doing some idiot blog on distances covered in the Olympics; are you also single?

Yes. Yes I am. So obviously single that there is no reason to rub it in with your question. Eligible ladies can find my Twitter at the bottom of this post. *raises one eyebrow while smiling*

Numbers

Swimming: 7,200m
Running: 3,853,400m
Jumping: 88.18m
Throwing: 3,387.52m

Today's Total: 3,864,075.70m

Which gives us overall figures of...

Swimming: 1,052,700m
Running: 12,660,415m
Jumping: 7,721.62m
Throwing: 63,256.68

Overall Total Total: 13,784,093.30m

So tomorrow it's all over. Join me then for the final breakdown.

R

You can follow me on Twitter at @Le_Paien_Roux


No comments:

Post a Comment