Sunday 7 August 2016

Day 1 - Time differences and date lines.

August 7th

Though to be clear, we're dealing with the numbers from yesterday, the 6th, the first day of real competition at this Olympiad, (sorry Soccer, there's nothing I can measure from you).

Going forward, if you're reading this from the same time zone as me then we'll update every morning with the previous days numbers. That was the plan for today but then it was sunny and cider happened.

Like last time out we start with swimming and the first day of competition has given us an incredible 79,500m. Then I was astonished at how much was covered on the first day; this time I was prepared. 79.5km is slightly more than this guy swam to protest against pollution. I'm guessing he had a worse time of it though.

This gives Brazil a lead over London of 9,300m for the first day of competition. What this means I have no idea, but I guess we'll find out when I'm more sober.

Totals:

Swimming: 79,500m
Running: 0m
Jumping: 0m
Throwing: 0m

Total: 79,500m

Hero of the day:

Of course it's Christoph Martin Meier, he has given us our first measurements though sadly appears to have almost no online presence that I can link to. (Hopefully he'll accept my friend request though).

See you all tomorrow.

R

@howfarexactly

EDIT: Update, he acccpeted my friend request. You are a gent and a scholar Christoph.





No comments:

Post a Comment